FAQ of Grinding Mill
What You Need to Know Before Purchasing a Grain Mill or Flour Mill
There are many things to consider before making your final selection when purchasing a grain mill. A list of questions I would consider are as follows:
1. Do I want a manual or electric grain mill?
• If I want a manual grain mill, do I really have time to hand grind all the time?
• If I want an electric flour mill, do I want to have the option to hand grind when needed?
2. What will I be using the flour from my flour mill for? (It is important to know this, as the grind consistency produced by many grain mills is not fine enough or coarse enough for some applications.)
3. Is a noisy flour mill going to bother me? (Some flour mills are very loud, particularly impact chamber mills such as the Wonder Mill, Nutrimill, and Blendtec Grain Mill.)
4. What is my price range?
Some of the most popular electric grain mills are the Wonder Mill (formerly the Whisper Mill Grain Mill), Nutrimill, and Blendtec Flour Mill. For manual flour mills, the Country Living and Family Grain Mill are two of the most popular. I will list each one with it's high points, and low points to help you select which flour mill will work best for your application.